Mr. Griffith has had a distinguished career in business, public service and sport. He has translated significant international corporate private and public sector experience in a wide spectrum of industries, into dynamic, transformative and result-oriented leadership.
Mr. Griffith’s experience spans manufacturing, financial services, sports administration and policy development at the highest level. To all these areas of service, Mr. Griffith brought a proven ability for strategic planning, business and financial planning, financial management and control, debt management, and treasury management.
In addition to his well known business acumen, Mr. Griffith is also known throughout the West Indies for his sports career in cricket. A talented left-hand batsman at the first class level for both Jamaica and Barbados, he combined his love and experiential understanding of the game with his business experience to become one of its outstanding administrators – first as chair of the Marketing Committee of the West Indies Cricket Board and ultimately as President of the Board. He also served on the board of Cricket World Cup 2007 Inc.
In his corporate life, Mr. Griffith has held the following positions:
- President & Chief Executive Officer, Barbados Tourism Investment Inc., Bridgetown, Barbados
- Executive Vice President (Corporate Planning & Treasury), Caribbean Cement Company Limited, Kingston, Jamaica.
- Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Barbados Mutual Life Assurance Society, Bridgetown, Barbados.
- Managing Director, Canada Trust Group of Companies, Barbados and Joint Managing Director, Canada Trust Company B.V., Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- General Manager, Central Bank of Barbados, Bridgetown, Barbados.
In recognition his outstanding service, Mr. Griffith has been conferred with the:
- Gold Crown of Merit (GCM) 1995 – Barbados National Honour for services to insurance and finance; and the Barbados Chamber of Commerce & Industry Award for Outstanding Contribution to International Business (1991)